Digimon World: Project Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Project Ark News & Updates

Go down 
+3
stagehands11
Deltastone
zeromaru
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zeromaru

zeromaru

Project Ark News & Updates  Empty
PostSubject: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:55 am

Hello and welcome to the official news and updates thread. I'l be posting an update here every Saturday to keep everyone in the loop and to stop the forums from going completely inactive. I'l try my best to answer any questions too. Very Happy

There's been no major developments recently but most of the regulars are still actively working. Here's a rundown: Tom or DGMM, our O.G Digimon modeler is still doing about a Digimon a week. At the moment he's working on Demidevimon's evolution line. Here's a recent model of Myotismon he did.
Nathan, our other Digimon modeler recently finished Betamon's evolution line. He's going on vacation soon though, so we'll have to cope without him.
Vray, our animator has been animating as usual.
I'm James, one of the artists. I'm currently drawing a poster, but I'm also focusing on loading screens.

The only regulars not completely active are Katsu, the other artist, Karxdurik, the main programmer, Sheenan, the lanscape/area modeler and Sam, the game director. Katsu and Karxdurik haven't been online lately because of school. Sheehan is still online occasionally but is looking for a job and Sam has no internet but still gets on fairly regularly.

I hope this sheds some light on what's going on, and thank you to everyone supporting the project. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://zeromarusaur.deviantart.com/
zeromaru

zeromaru

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:29 pm

A week and no replies, yikes. Not even Deltastone, maybe we are completely inactive. Razz

Anyway, there hasn't been too much work done this week but I'l share what we have. Nathan made his grand return after vacationing for a week. Sam and Tom have been cracking down on the story and we're closer to having that finished. Vray's been talking to Ants and they're working on a promotional video/trailer of some kind.

That's pretty much all the big stuff, and as last week, I'l answer any questions ... if there are any. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Deltastone

Deltastone

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:24 am

Did someone mention my name? Smile
I'm still checking on the status of the game from time to time.
I'll be less online since I've started playing a certain game starting with letter "P" so just take your time Razz
Back to top Go down
http://vitatrigger.forumtl.com/
stagehands11

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:56 am

woah. no updates this week. hope everything's ok
Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:56 am

Oh God. I'm so sorry. :crieseverywhere

Really though, I've had a lot of stuff going on in my life and haven't really been able to get online. It's ironic because it was for the opposite reason I decided to do the updates in the first place. I'm really, really sorry and I'l write a longer update next Saturday but for now, the only big new I can think of off the top of my head is that Latch left. Its kinda sad, but he said he might return some time later when he has more free time and such.
Back to top Go down
DGMM.

DGMM.

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:19 am

Just to have a positive update out there Very Happy, some of the overarching story and first island details were progressed earlier in the week.
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 3:57 pm

Happy Halloween everyone Smile

Things are building momentum and all our core members are slowly becoming more active, expect good things in the next couple of weeks

Don't forget to check out our latest deviant art updates

http://projectarkstudios.deviantart.com/art/Soulmon-Turntable-410575475

http://projectarkstudios.deviantart.com/art/Phantomon-Turntable-410575679
Back to top Go down
leomon

leomon

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 2:55 am

hello there i tried to contact you alot i can help you out on 3d 2d photoshop dj music and a lot more expect programing if you need my help  contact me my friend i had the same project to make a 3d digimon online game and i didnt get a help on the programing side of the game so i tried to work on my own but didnt work out for me so am looking forward to help any other person with the same vision this some of my works  
Project Ark News & Updates  88442910

Project Ark News & Updates  10724211

Project Ark News & Updates  13970211
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:14 am

Hey Leomon, nice 3D models Smile Do you have AIM or Skype so we could talk a bit more?
Back to top Go down
leomon

leomon

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 1:02 pm

i have a facebook page and yahoo ' hotmail you name it i will send it
Back to top Go down
DGMM.

DGMM.

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Pretty nice model, little higher poly than our intentions from the looks of it, but good none the less.

We tend to do most of our communication on aim, so that's the best way to get into direct contact with most of us.

-Sam, we should move this to a thread meant for people wanting to help out rather than clogging up the news/announcements one.
Back to top Go down
leomon

leomon

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 6:36 am

well guys if your game is not high on poly you wont match new games of today,, high poly isn't a problem no more new generation pc can handle games with 10xhigher then this model..

but why aim its old and low on security .. i have an old one its (leo2009nardo) add me people =D

i also have Skype by the name of (prime_digimon) so add me also

if you just made a group on Facebook it would be easier to exchange info and updates way better then a forum plus you all contact better
Back to top Go down
DGMM.

DGMM.

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 7:18 am

We go low for several reasons. It's good practice to shoot for minimum 2 year older machine specs to hit the bottom end of your projected user-base. We also plan to use fairly large map areas, creating a lot of data when you add in everything. And our engine isn't on the same grade as the million dollar ones that fullscale companies produce with, losing framerate pretty fast when we shoot high.

The main reason we use AIM is simply because we are already grouped up on it and some of us don't use/want to deal with facebook
Back to top Go down
leomon

leomon

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:57 pm

bro am totally with you but you know that players these days are 70% graphics 30% gameplay i mean you worked hard on it make it worth the time you spent on it if you need any game engine i will be more than happy to provide just name the engine is not a big deal i almost got all engines back in the day when i was working on the same thing i have libraries on anything you need for game making from books to programs all the way down to texture libraries so don't be shy to ask for anything and i will help you with what i can if you need an extra gear to speed things up

have it your way if AIM then my name is above
if you guys need any Facebook publish my page is already about digimon and if you want it i can change it name to the site name so you can publish through it

Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 3:29 am

Hey guys sorry about the state of the thread and the fact that I once again missed an update. I'l try my best to be better from now on, but for now I'd like to link to this thread Sam wrote:
https://dwprojectark.forumotion.com/t83-project-ark-interview
It's a small interview with Sam, Tom and Vray and a pretty fun read.

I'l write a real update next Saturday I promise. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 5:42 am

^^ Also adding in Zeromaru's part of the interview now Smile
Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

PostSubject: MONDAY UPDATE   Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:54 am

I missed Saturday again but whatever, MONDAY UPDATE!

I guess the biggest news would be that two more people have joined the team, Leomon and Colette. Leomon does 3D modelling and previously derailed this thread, Colette does sprites and posted an introduction here. Sam has got his internet back, so it's good to have him online more and Tom is still modelling Digimon like a machine, seriously, dudes an animal. Nathan's taking a break for a while to focus on school, he's still online and such just not modelling. Vray's animating as usual, he's currently working on Nathans's recent models(before he took a break obviously). Sheehan is relocating at the moment so he hasn't been online too much. Hopefully he'l be back soon though, because he models the levels which are the last big thing left. Aaaaaand I'm working on the main menu/start screen.

That pretty much covers all the regulars lol. In more general game news, we're pretty far along. The only big thing left is modelling the levels as I already mentioned. So when we get that out of the way we should be close to some kind of beta-release-demo. Razz

Oh, and check out our Deviantart: http://projectarkstudios.deviantart.com/
Back to top Go down
Deltastone

Deltastone

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm very pleased to read the updates. Now spoil us with screenshots please~
Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 3:22 am

Haha cool. I'l see if I can get some screenshots. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Deltastone

Deltastone

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 12:12 pm

How's the development doing? It's already been a month so I though to check up on you guys again.
Back to top Go down
DGMM.

DGMM.

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:37 am

Thanks for checking in, sorry for the delayed response.
We haven't made a ton of development in the past couple of weeks due to finals, work, illness, computer issues, pretty much anything you can think of, it's happened.
But we will be back into full swing again soon.
Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:54 am

Sorry about the thread. I couldn't be online for about 2 weeks a couple of weeks ago and around that time things got more idle and I stopped writing updates. Oh I was also playing the Metal Gear Solid games(I'm on 4 at the moment) which just kind of consumed my life. I'l write them again soon though. Smile
Back to top Go down
gempakstarz

gempakstarz

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 4:07 pm

It's been a day after New Year, hope you guys have some kind of 'gift' for us to enjoy! Wink
Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:38 am

gempakstarz wrote:
It's been a day after New Year, hope you guys have some kind of 'gift' for us to enjoy! Wink

[Sweats Nervously]
Back to top Go down
gempakstarz

gempakstarz

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm

zeromaru wrote:
[Sweats Nervously]

Keep Calm zero Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project Ark News & Updates    Project Ark News & Updates  Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Ark News & Updates
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon World: Project Ark :: Important Stuff :: News and Announcements-
Jump to: