Digimon World: Project Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Continent Ideas

Go down 
+9
MitzvahRose
Anthony_Attwood
Vrayx
Katsu
Deltastone
HellKaiser
monster153
LatchGameDev
MrChronos
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HellKaiser

HellKaiser

New Continent Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 6:30 pm

@Latch

Leomon CANNOT be saved, that's what makes him a Leomon. tongue
At least in the animated continuities.

I'm sure you are referring to Devimon. There are a quite a lot of Digimon who can use illusions though, some have shown it explicitly like Devimon.
Cherrymon, Vilemon, Vademon, Wizarmon and Devimon are just five from the first season I can remember from the top of my head.
Bakemon can morph/change shape. I like the idea of a hall of mirrors room and fighting yourself. You should post it on the quests page. Which reminds me...
---

On the subject of story ideas:

FOR EVERYONE!!!

BTW, I hope you haven't forgotten, we had a quests page where we posted story ideas. Do not forget to post your ideas here(just follow the format of the other quests):
http://projectneo.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder¶m=Story%20Ideas

Another important page you might want to check:
http://projectneo.pbworks.com/w/page/51911254/Quest-types
Back to top Go down
Deltastone

Deltastone

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 3:29 am

Thanks for the link. I've read through some of them and different quest types do add to the variety in gameplay. How about adding a quest type that involves getting a specific score in mini-games (if you plan on adding mini-games). That's the only thing I could add XD.

If there are different quest types then there should be a digimon responsible in filling up bulletin boards and such.

Some thoughts, why not transfer those text files onto the forums?
Back to top Go down
http://vitatrigger.forumtl.com/
HellKaiser

HellKaiser

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:32 am

Hmm...that seems good. Anything to increase the quest type count.Very Happy

Yeah. There probably will be someone to handle the quests. Or maybe we can make a quests status screen which can be accessed from the menu so the player doesn't need to walk all the way to check out which quests he needs to do, conditions, etc.

I'm not sure about the last one.

@Vray, Sam
Are we totally abandoning the old wiki for the forums?
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:58 pm

We're not abandoning it but save the posts for this new forum.

Also I'll wait until the islands are modeled and in-game but once they are we're make a thread about quests/missions that can be added in.
Back to top Go down
Katsu
Admin
Katsu

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 1:15 pm

The wiki is only really for team members. The forum is for everyone. Its best keeping them seperate? Cant let all info on the game leak or people wont have much tolook forward toc;
Back to top Go down
http://www.digimonworldprojectark.tk
Anthony_Attwood

Anthony_Attwood

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:43 pm

In DMW1 they had a very interesting reason as to why the digimon are enraged. We had a guy, with a Machinedramon and a diabolical plan. If I remember correctly it was his doing with manipulating strands of code in the digital world ensuring digimon lose their memories and eventually allow the man to take over the world. Fortunately for the digimon world they have Jijimon and he brings you (the player) to this world to help defeat and remove this mad man.

Here's some suggestions as to what we can use >

1> To help our world merge with DMW1's world we can have the player half way through the game make it to File City and spot Jijimon in front of his cardboard house in some kind of data circle trying to summon a player to help save the island.

2> If we already have Jijimon at the beginning of our game then we have a better reason for helping a lost player. He can tell us our progress as he normally does but also refer to Yuramon for rumors about the happenings in the area.

3> building upon the beacon idea after we've finished everything in Biosbay, Yuramon or Jijimon can tell us about the beacon and say they've built a boat for you, your digimon, Jijimon and Yuramon to go and seek out what it is.

I think my idea here is to say that if we keep Jijimon and Yuramon on each island then the player will never feel lost or aimless. With it being an open world RPG there are tons of things we can do besides helping the islands from being taken over or destroyed.

As for problems, we could just as easily implement the Dark Gears in to one islands story and the diabolical genius behind that plans to use his technology on every island, luckily we get there in time and stop him. The next issue could be corrupt digi cores as said, someone is messing with the islands mainframe and the digimon of that area are more fierce, stronger and don't remember anything. We could have a really good time in this island for example how about a destroyed town on fire with zombie style digimon? Or digimon to suit the environment since they caused it. Beating them and fixing the cause will result in the town being ressurected.

Whether we implement more mini stories or not I think the main story shuold eventually remain the same as DMW1 and throughout our first half of digimon world we can have small hints to the real problem at the end where you find some digimon are starting to lose their memory and nobody knows the cause until eventually we've done everything and Jijimon has a feeling the source is on File Island. And then ofcourse he figures out it's all in MT Infinity.

By this point our digimon are going to be pretty strong and big. Even though there are rookie digimon in DMW1 in the surrounding beginning area we can simply just amp up their strength a bit since GYM training will be quicker and better because of certain items. OR NOT? We could literally just have it so everything in that place is gone like in the original and we have to build it all up again, do everything in DWM1 and make it to MT infinity. Don't forget that your companion digimon does have a life span and maybe weaker rookie digimon are still needed for training against in that beginner area.
Back to top Go down
Vrayx
Admin
Vrayx

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:53 pm

@ Anthony. Cameos HELL YES.
Back to top Go down
http://dwprojectark.com
Katsu
Admin
Katsu

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:53 pm

I like the idea of having it being like the DMW1 story. We should keep the same basic story but re-tell it in the project ark way:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.digimonworldprojectark.tk
Vrayx
Admin
Vrayx

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 8:49 pm

If we make a remake of the game I would want it to be separate from project ark. Same gameplay and everything, but we would keep everything the same for the most part. I am thinking we should have a cameo of Hiro(world 1 character) a bit older to battle in the demo. I can discuss the details if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
http://dwprojectark.com
Anthony_Attwood

Anthony_Attwood

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Interesting, my idea was to have our story as a prequel to the original game. What we could do however is have our story and release that then remake the original game completely. I think DMW1 is more of a prequel in terms of technology in the game so maybe this makes more sense?

As for the title of the topic (new continent) I think we should dismiss the whole thing and just discuss the new continent.

I'm agreeing with the idea so far, having a desert/ factorial and lush green land for the island. And for us to get there we need only include Jijimon and Yuramon (or a duo just like them to fit our story) were you can refer to them for updates on the island and rumors as hints to help the player where to go and what to do.

After completing the first island we can refer to Jijimon or Yuramon and their story sequence will start at which point they tell us what's going on with the beacon on the other island (set off by an innocent good digimon trying to get help) and then we take a boat there to investigate.
Back to top Go down
MitzvahRose

MitzvahRose

PostSubject: My Ideas :)   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:38 am

Okay, so I said I'd try to give story ideas and that's what I'm gonna do! Very Happy

Hmm... I've been reading over what you guys have come up with and I have some ideas.

You said tribute to season 1, right? Hmm...
-Leomon has to die of course if he is included (*laughs sadly*)
-I was always curious with the whole idea of Gatomon being separated from the other Destined Digimon... want to have a sort of side journey where Gatomon herself leads it with the main character, temporarily joining his/her team? Maybe something that has to do with going into the past or flash-backing or saving her partner or her tail ring being part of the cause for the corruption for some reason... I mean, for example, who IS Wizardmon? And Myotimon? When exactly did he appear?!
-Can we do tributes to all the seasons, not just Adventure?

*Sighs* I think we've all wanted this one. How about we have it so that at the very end ALL of he characters from the TV shows and maybe mangas and perhaps even games get incorporated into the storyline somehow, sorta like in Brave Tamer.

Question: Is there a set digimon you will automatically be partnered to? If so, would it be possible to either claim a different one (fanmade???) or recruit new ones to your group with a max of three at a time?

I'd also like to say that I just love the fighting yourself idea! XD
It's Bakemon who could transform his appearance... Joe did some kind of chant to stop the big one.

I completely agree with Anthony and love his ideas! Keep the same basic storyline from DMW1 (or continue from it), but be sure to make it interesting so it's not a complete repeat. People like it, but not everyone is willing to play the game twice. I also think we should make it longer... have multiple arcs and stuff. Like after helping Jijimon we could do this thing where a dimension-travelling digimon (just an idea off the top of my head) comes and tells you about other worlds. We could do it where like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (yes, I have played that) the original storyline finishes with Jijimon, but the game has only really just begun.

As I have stated before, I am fascinated by the idea of time travel or time-warping... what about you guys? Milleniumon makes a classic comeback, only in a new, unknown form?

Finally, for the Virus idea, I actually had a story idea for that in the past. I don't remember it exactly, but it had something to do with a new digimon being created due to the work of a human. This digimon had a virus in it (I'll try to remember why) which later spread to other digimon after it had de-digivolved. The only ones unaffected were X-Anitibodies... and I think I included the mysterious Witchelny in some way.
((You know, if you want to have it where we can choose from mulitple characters or can have different storylines, we can have it so you can claim this big baddie as the main character in a later version of the game))

And those are my thoughts on the whole thing! Very Happy I really hope this helped somehow~ Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3838052/MitzvahRose
MitzvahRose

MitzvahRose

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:59 am

I can't believe I forgot to add this!! Shocked

Having enjoyed digi-lore, I think we should incorporate the Digital Groups like so many games do. By this I mean the Royal Knights, Demon Lords, Sovereigns, Olympus 12, etc.
Back to top Go down
HellKaiser

HellKaiser

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi Mitzvah. Thanks for commenting, those are some fantastic ideas, especially the time-traveling stuff.

Quote :

As I have stated before, I am fascinated by the idea of time travel or time-warping... what about you guys? Milleniumon makes a classic comeback, only in a new, unknown form?

I too am fascinated by time-space theories and the like and Millenniummon is one of my favorite Digimon. Though I must mention that it is likely going to be a long while before we include Millenniummon cause of the No Mega clause (for now). He most probably can be included as a part of the plot though.

There's lots of potential with TS stuff like fighting past/future versions of yourself, traveling to other worlds/dimensions/universes where stuff happened differently(like Babaman being the city head instead of Jijimon or traveling to the anime or game universes and fighting with the protagonists), time paradoxes, fixing all sorts of plotholes Very Happy, fast forwarding time for quick training/evolution, reversing time to get a previously dead digimon, etc.

On that note, Re:Digitize had Omegamon and Dukemon having a device that slows/fast forwards time for the entire Digital World for 3 days. Slowing down time means your Digimon doesn't die as fast and trains longer however time based events get harder and evolution becomes rather slow. Fast forward time and evolution is quick yet training and the lifespan of your Digimon suffer.
That reminds me...we already had this stuff in the Ancient Dino region. Shocked
It was just limited to a particular area.
Back to top Go down
MitzvahRose

MitzvahRose

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:12 am

Well, I'm just glad I could help! ^^ Um... what should I call you? I like giving nicknames to people, sorry. Wink

HellKaiser wrote:

I too am fascinated by time-space theories and the like and Millenniummon is one of my favorite Digimon. Though I must mention that it is likely going to be a long while before we include Millenniummon cause of the No Mega clause (for now). He most probably can be included as a part of the plot though.

Figured that. I didn't think he'd be included for a while, but maybe he could have something to do with all of the problems or be the actual reason. Or if you want to spice it up, come up with an OC digimon to cause all the problems in the end.

HellKaiser wrote:
There's lots of potential with TS stuff like fighting past/future versions of yourself, traveling to other worlds/dimensions/universes where stuff happened differently (like Babaman being the city head instead of Jijimon or traveling to the anime or game universes and fighting with the protagonists), time paradoxes, fixing all sorts of plotholes Very Happy, fast forwarding time for quick training/evolution, reversing time to get a previously dead digimon, etc.

That's exactly what I was going for! ...It's to bad Re-Digitize partly stole the idea, lol Sad
Back to top Go down
HellKaiser

HellKaiser

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Call me Sin. Or Kaiser. Cool

Spoiler:

Oops, sorry about the rant. My fascination with power levels is too much.

Nah, like I said, DMW1 had that as Ancient Dino region so it'd be probably like a homage if we include it.

Back to top Go down
Deltastone

Deltastone

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:24 am

Mind if I ask, how are you guys going to use the Digimon names, will it be the Original Japanese name or Dubbed English version.

For example we have Gallantmon (Eng) and Dukemon (Jap). Have you guys thought about it? Well I would prefer to have the Jap ones since I mostly know their names via anime (Jap) version.

I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
http://vitatrigger.forumtl.com/
MitzvahRose

MitzvahRose

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 12:19 am

Sin it is! Razz

-.- Not all fan made digimon are that way.

Alright, cool.

-----

Quote :
Mind if I ask, how are you guys going to use the Digimon names, will it be the Original Japanese name or Dubbed English version.

For example we have Gallantmon (Eng) and Dukemon (Jap). Have you guys thought about it? Well I would prefer to have the Jap ones since I mostly know their names via anime (Jap) version.

I have an idea. What if we had important characters (partner digimon, Jijimon, TV show characters, Royal Knights, Demon Lords, etc.) go by their Japanese names while all normal wild ones go by their English ones? Cool
Back to top Go down
LatchGameDev

LatchGameDev

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:29 pm

I think we should stick with the English names because i think the majority of people playing the game would only know them by there English names. I didn't even know there was different Japanese names for them. However we might be able to include an option that allows you to have all the digimon names in Japanese or English.
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Yea I agree with Latch, the english names will stick but we'll defiantly add an option to make the Japanese alternatives in there

Would be cool having Dukemon, Omegamon etc Smile
Back to top Go down
saifors

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:20 am

The raft crashing into an island sounds interesting, but unneeded unless you have like a mini dungeon to get to whamon and save him from digimons attacking him the digimon could be numemon and other underground digimon it can also be that hes stuck in that cave and cant go back to the ocean as a reference to frontier.
Back to top Go down
ants64

ants64

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:20 am

just an idea for cameos, could we have a early evolution to leomon from Digimon world 1 so and elecmon saying he is trying to understand his ancestors 
also the idea that if we have multiple islands, we could have different cites that we build up or at least enter as some sort of trade link to each city
plus a secret boss, not sure who, but you lot will think of something amazing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ants64comms
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:42 am

loving the metalgreymon Smile
Back to top Go down
ants64

ants64

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Ya, I got lucky with that as the states where a little off but he was the second digimon makes it even more lucky!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ants64comms
No_One

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Well, I have a pretty big Idea...

Another universe where digimon have reached to. but how? [maybe because of the events of Xros wars? mayve just alternative universe with digimon which evolved with humanity?]

Main story -
[I'm going to call him DOM, why? its short and catchy and I don't have power to write an appropriate name XD]

Dom, who works in his school as the chief of the schools news-paper, finds about rumors which are about strange messeges in the schools computers, messeges that calls for help.
He asks people about it, and the ones who do know anything about it knows just a little bit of information.

Every now and then, a pop up comes up in the computer with the error like this -
Error - D-M-N
Error Number - 4979-13-15-14 ["D-4, I-9, G-7, I-9, M-13, O-15, N-14 = Digimon]
Description - SOS/HELP/RESCUE US[Etc]

After He searched the computers, He found no clues to this, this error doesn't ven exist in the computers. Suddenly, the same error pops up! Everyone who saw this messege, later on saw hallucinations of strage flickering creatures, humenoid, reptiles and more.

Error - D-M-N
Error Number - 4979-13-15-14
Description - HELP US

Dom jumped from his seat in surprise, and then the messege flikered and disappeared.

Later on that day, when He left his school, He too saw flickering images of creatures. Unlike the other pupils, He chased them and then *FLASH*. Dom lost concious. He woke up in a beach, in the horizon He saw a little island.

The beach wasn't familier to him. He walked around and reached the open land. He was ambushed by ogremon and his gaburimon minions. They captured him and then took him to their lair, as dinner.
In their lair, there were captured little creatures.

Dom talks to them a bit and turnes out that those are digimon and He is in the digimon world on the X Island [I dunno the islands name~ >_>].

The evil digimon takes weak digimon and give them to an evil digimon named kuwagamon, but before that they make a strange ritual.

In the ritual they harm digimon[s] and then, after the digimon dies the chief sucks its data until He digivolves, after that they do the same ritual to the minions, but the chief is always the stronger one.

They begin the ritual with the digimon Dom talked to, then Dom shouts in anger. Flashes of light appeared from his pocket, the flashes hurt the gaburimons and their chief. all of the digimon became free and escaped. the digimon [obviously koromon] is half dead and Dom checks his pocket because of the flashes. it appeares He have a strange looking device.

He ran to koromon and the device flashed again, digivolving koromon into agumon.

Agumon explains the digivolution, and how it is obtained in the regular methods.

Agumon takes him to the village.

Last edited by No_One on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:47 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I EDIT FOR DE STORY)
Back to top Go down
DGMM.

DGMM.

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Thanks for the contribution and ideas.
The over-arching plot is more less figured out, several of the elements you mentioned leading up to entry into the digital world could be a nice addition to what is already in place.
The less storycentric, or not so tied to the main plot, stuff is what we need to fill in. Many of the stories that the player would encounter along his way that don't directly progress the main plot is our main blank area at the moment. I guess sidestories or substories is what I'm talking about.
I don't seem to be finding the exact words to describe what I mean and this is turning into a long post...
So... long post made a little shorter, toss out any ideas you have and we'll see how/if they can work their way in Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Continent Ideas
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon World: Project Ark :: Project Ark :: Story Ideas-
Jump to: