Digimon World: Project Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Continent Ideas

Go down 
+9
MitzvahRose
Anthony_Attwood
Vrayx
Katsu
Deltastone
HellKaiser
monster153
LatchGameDev
MrChronos
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

New Continent Ideas Empty
PostSubject: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm

okay so basically what happens is once you beat volcamon the village builds you a little raft and you set out to try find out why you are in the world and whats causing the digimon to be enraged

once you get the raft you set out and on the way there is a storm and you get shipwrecked on an island, a very tiny one that there is nothing on except for a small cellar door that is hard to find at first (similar to the first pirates of the carribean movie with the whine cellar when they get trapped on the island)

once you find it, the door goes down into an underground cave similar to in the anime how there is the whamon cave, you find whamon in there and he helps you get to the next island (original using whamon)

the new continent is setup into 3 main areas, the desert in the middle, mech area to the east and a sort of Savannah area to the best and maybe one more area that goes beyond the Savannah area

once you arrive at the desert you find a digimon who needs help, you fend of an attack and decide to help the wild digimon and take him back to his village

you have 2 options go east or west, if you want to take the digimon straight back to his village go west but if you want to do some exploring go east

east leads to the mech area, which will be a combination of cyberton (from transformers) and the mechanical planet in dragonball gt, it is basically a giant fortress

there is a big gate out the front of the fortress and there is a group of good digimon out the front that are locked outside because the fortress has been taken over by some evil digimon, the fortress is locked and no one can get in or out because there is a control room which is used to open the gate but a good digimon is scared inside and wont open it for anyone

to get inside you have to find a manual way in which involves finding a hidden room that turns the lock for the gate off, once you unlock it you go back to the main gate and a bunch of mad evil digimon pop through and you have to beat them and storm your way in the maze of a city

the west side of the continent consists of some kind of Savannah area which has a digimon village located in it, the details on the digimon inside and the surrounding areas still need to be figured out
Back to top Go down
LatchGameDev

LatchGameDev

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:48 pm

I like the path you've laid out here and I think it's good. You said in here the player will be trying to find out what enraged the digimon. I think it would be cool if we did a tribute of sort to the digimon adventures series and somehow included dark gears. Maybe like a boss digimon that looks over a group of digimon gets a dark gear in him and so he starts treating them poorly and they become enraged because of the way he is acting. So if you beat certain boss digimon the gear is removed and then the other digimon the boss looked after will become peaceful as well.
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Although I do like the black gear idea I don't think we should use it for the overall reason why Digimon are going mad.

I think the black gear idea should be used for just one section only, for example if we have a Devimon area and have him use the black gears on some Digimon in the section he controls.

I think we need to figure out some other way the Digimon are being controlled such as some type of virus that's spreading through the digital world, enraging Digimon and making them act primal?
Back to top Go down
monster153

monster153

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:57 pm

cool i like how you choose your path.Good job my friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LatchGameDev

LatchGameDev

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:00 pm

hmmm if we are going to have black gears and a virus why don't we have like 3 mega evil digimon and 3 acts to the game. So black gears are for devimon. The virus can go with a virus digimon maybe a king sukamon or something. Now we just need to think of the 3rd reason/method the digimon are getting enraged.

Why not just 2? well idk, i just think an odd number of reasons would be better for some reason.

As for the types of environment we can also theme that of the big bad evil digimon. So for instance the black gear section with devimon can be all dark digimon and maybe a spooky theme to it.

Then for king sukamon we can have all the virus type digimon.

Also i agree with monster153, I like having the choice weather to go straight to the village or adventure.

Last edited by LatchGameDev on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Did a double post, so deleted it an condensed it into this post)
Back to top Go down
HellKaiser

HellKaiser

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Continent story ideas.
---
Make it a bunch of issues, not just one like the Dark Gears.

Has anyone played Dragon Quest VII? One of the cool things in that game was I think the different islands/continents. You go to the past and visit any one of these islands. Each of them had a specific problem/issue which made these islands extinct from the present and you needed to solve them so that those islands weren't wiped out and still existed in the present.

Each of them faced a specific issue like in one island, you had people turning stone due to rain and you needed to find the cause of that. Another where giant monsters destroyed the town. After fixing that(which would most likely be a boss fight with some monster), those islands show up in the present.

I'm not telling to follow the exact same storyline but to make it so that each area has its own bunch of problems and Digimon to take care of.

Some I can think of:
>Devimon with the Black Gears controlling other Digimon and aiming to take total control of the continent/island. Or maybe he's already done so and has assigned a bunch of Digimon a particular region.
>Kokatorimon petrifying(stoning) innocent Digimon and keeping them in his collection of statues.
>Ogremon and his team of Goburimon bandits looting travelers and declaring a particular area as their territory.

Also, I feel the Mega Digimon are too early. Let's try to do without them for now as decided earlier.

Quote :

I think we need to figure out some other way the Digimon are being controlled such as some type of virus that's spreading through the digital world, enraging Digimon and making them act primal?
How about something like corrupting their Digicores itself? Digicores are like the "soul" of Digimon, an energy source as well as what distinguishes one Digimon from another. Something that has control over/able to manipulate the Digicores can will Digimon to do their bidding.
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/DigiCore
http://wikimon.net/digicore
Back to top Go down
Deltastone

Deltastone

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:12 am

Black Gears, Viruses and Corrupted Digicores are good story elements but I think its too early for it maybe in late game it could be explained.

How about adding a few humans into the storyline, like what they did with Re:Digitize? We can take Yuu (from Xros Wars) or Ikuto (Savers) background story as an example. A young child is taken to the Digital World, there he thinks of it as a game and want to eliminate the other player (main character) while conquering the various areas of the Digital World. The conquering part could have been influenced by the evil digimon (such as Devimon).

It won't feel like the 1st Digimon World game but I'm just throwing some ideas here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://vitatrigger.forumtl.com/
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:55 am

We agreed that Mega Digimon won't be in the game until the very end to save the wow factor and make Ultimates look more bad ass.

I think we shouldn't really be too concerned as to why the Digimon are going mad, ultimately i'd imagine it was some mega with a grand scheme to control the world but I think we shouldn't focus too heavily on that and rather just focus on creating areas and populating them with some story.
Back to top Go down
LatchGameDev

LatchGameDev

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 am

I see, yea I kinda got this off topic with the whole black gear thing but I love the ideas you guys are coming up with.

As for the environments I assume we would have most if not all of the area's from DW1. As in like a volcano place, snow/ice place, etc.

I would really like to add in the nursery from digimon adventures. Seeing all those digimon eggs in game and walking among them with your partner would be kinda... surreal. Thinking of what each digi egg could become when they finally start their digi lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DVpc3LOu2Mw#t=378s (Showing the craddles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DVpc3LOu2Mw#t=424s (Showing the field of eggs)

I also think we should look through out the series for interesting places like these. They are cool and gives a player a nostalgic feeling.
Back to top Go down
Katsu
Admin
Katsu

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:12 am

I love the ideas here;D
I like the Whamon bit, and especially the human like Ikuto and Yuu. I also like the Mech fortress area;D The DigiCore manipulation is a really good idea too. The fact we are hiding away Mega levels till the end is good too. But shouldnt most of this be in a Storyline section NOT the Game Maps area? xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.digimonworldprojectark.tk
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:38 am

*Moved thread to Story Ideas category*

Okay so as for the reason the Digimon are becoming enraged its most likely going to do with some sort of virus that an enemy behind the scenes is using, the origin is going to be unknown in early development until we have some more brainstorming on the topic.

The Devimon idea is very good, an idea I had was that the area behind the 2nd village would be some sort of canyon where Devimon would live and act as a tribute to season 1 and we could include Leomon being controlled which also makes it an option to have some sort of prairie area where Leomon would live.

We need to think of a means for the player to be wanting to leave Bios Island. A thought i had was the Digimon of Bios Bay don't know whats happened to the rest of the digital world and have lost contact and its your job to go explore the world and find some sort of civilization.
Back to top Go down
Katsu
Admin
Katsu

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 am

Good job on moving the thread;D
And how about a neighbouring island found off the coast of the second content asks Bios Bay for help out of desperation because the second continent is acting strange and the water type digimon who swim from the lone island and the continent are acting strange every time they come back from the second continent. So the player could go to the island, talk to the "chief" and decide to go to the second continent himself .
Got some pretty good stuff posted here guys, keep it up;D
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Personally i think some kind of distress beacon would be the way to go, have it more of an discover an unknown world type of feel.
Back to top Go down
HellKaiser

HellKaiser

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Also as a tribute to Digimon in general, Leomon dies at the end.
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 am

Ignore Katsu's comment, this is the correct thread

post all comments about the ideas for the new island/story here
Back to top Go down
Katsu
Admin
Katsu

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:52 am

Removed the comment, didn't realise the whole thread had been moved not recreated xD Sorry about that!
And just how many continents do we plan to have? Will each continent have a whole new story separate from others or will they all connect in one way or another?
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:38 am

This is just a test we did but it will look something like this

Having a Trailmon be the main transport from the 2nd island to the 3rd island, with the Trailmon being broken and being fixed towards the end of the 2nd island story line.

Also Bios Island would be directly south of the desert and the 3rd Island would be the continent towards the east.

New Continent Ideas World+gen2b
Back to top Go down
Deltastone

Deltastone

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:01 am

I don't know if this is the right topic but will you guys still follow the city-building aspect of the game, like recruiting Digimon to join the city? I really like too mingle with the digimon who decides to join a city. Don't forget to keep the prosperity points Smile

We can link the prosperity points to the areas accessible by Trailmons. The more prosperity points you have the Trailmons can have bigger trails to follow example from Bios Bay to the 2nd or 3rd Island.

That test map has good formations. Does the shallow parts represent the underground tunnels? XD

Back to top Go down
http://vitatrigger.forumtl.com/
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 am

We're keeping the city building aspect Smile but its going to have a slight twist because there will be multiple cities.

Basically each city will start small and you'll have to recruit Digimon in the surrounding areas. Each city will have more content accessible the later in the game the city is, for example the 2nd city will have bigger shops and maybe a hospital which Bios Bay wouldn't include.
Back to top Go down
Katsu
Admin
Katsu

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:25 am

Is this map set in stone? Are each of those green bits going to be definite continents? Or is there a good chance we will take some out?
Back to top Go down
Vrayx
Admin
Vrayx

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 am

I would say this could definantly change depending on what we want, However i think that it does one a good idea of how big the game will be. LIke sam said though it is a test.
Back to top Go down
http://dwprojectark.com
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Yea the app basically renders out a bunch of clouds and gives them color depending on the depth it gives.

Me and Tom are going to have a play and make some more but we might just use them as guides and if we see an island formation we like, just crop it out because the island 2 formation looks good and the 3rd continent to the right is good but we might want to change it a bit.
Back to top Go down
LatchGameDev

LatchGameDev

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 pm

We can save leomon, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!

How about a place where you fight yourself? Maybe like a spooky place or circus place (hall of mirrors) and you have a dark version of yourself and partner running around maybe causing problems on the island/section.

To make it fit into digimon lore we could have a ghost digimon or several ghost digimon taking the form of you or something. wait... was that a thing i can't remember. I could have sworn there was a digimon that could change shape or make illusions happen in season 1. well, I'm sure we can find a reason to validate it if you guys like the idea.
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:56 am

What do you guys think of having a lake kind of area on the 2nd island?

The lake would be north and would have waterfalls running south into the savanna and desert area.
Back to top Go down
Vrayx
Admin
Vrayx

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Yea a lake is fine, but i think the bios bay lake should be better for fishing.
Back to top Go down
http://dwprojectark.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Continent Ideas   New Continent Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

New Continent Ideas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next