Digimon World: Project Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gameplay/Game System

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gempakstarz

gempakstarz

Gameplay/Game System Empty
PostSubject: Gameplay/Game System   Gameplay/Game System EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 3:23 am

Recently, I've been playing the Digimon World Re:Digitize, and I search across the internet to see what others reaction to it. Many people find it perfect 'sequel' to the original Digimon World and there are also find that Re:Digitize can't beat up the original.

So here I wanna post up some of the complaints/compliments in order to make up a 'true successor' of the original Digimon World. cheers 

*These are based on personal view*

A - Game Mechanics
many people don't understand Digimon World's mechanics. It's not supposed to be an RPG like Final Fantasy or Pokémon. It's more like tamagotchi: a raising simulator.

B - Complaints on Re:Digitize
1. Re Digitize Stat improvement is way faster than DW 1.
2. All digimon got fixed lifespan, which is FAIR but no FUN
3. I dont know why Evolution only focused on Greymon line. Look, there are so many digimon that are stronger than greymon line digimon.
4. Battle System sucks.
5. Story just too normal, mean nothing really special.

^^In reply to above five complaints;
1. But lifespan is shorter and the game is overall harder than DW1 which makes it still balanced enough. In DW1, you could pretty much beat the game with a recently evolved Ultimate so maxing stats was pretty much useless in-game.

2. I don't think DW1 had random lifespan? IIRC champion digimon died at 14-15 unless you gave them digiseabass or earlier if it got tired or had care mistakes. Not sure about this , I haven't played in a while.

3. Well, it is Digimon's 15th anniversary game and Agumon is pretty much the mascot, so it makes sense to focus on him. I agree with your point, though.

4. Not really. IMO, the battle system in this game being faster makes the flaws in the original more apparent. The original also suffered from small battlefields and there were times when there was barely any space for the digimon to walk. Redigitize fixed this by making your character run to a bigger area before starting the battle.

If you want to avoid Fighting Aura, try getting close to the enemy in a corner then use the down option to make your digimon get far from him as soon as you see he's going to start his attack, or just guard then counter-attack.

While I do agree that some skill seem to have lost their uniqueness, I think they were trying to balance all the types and give them skill with similar properties.

About being unable to interrupt the enemies attacks, it just depends on stats. Late game enemies and bosses usually have almost maxed stats (or even better than max) which is why it's difficult to interrupt them. You can do the same against weaker enemies.

Not being able to hurt your ally is a big plus IMO. It worked when the enemies could attack themselves (which was usually done by stupid enemies) and it actually made 1vs3 fights even easier, but in this game you can team with another tamer during some story events and if your teammate was able to KO your digimon, people would probably rage. Also, this means that enemies won't attack themselves anymore and they'll focus only on you which is why 1vs3 fights in this game can be ridiculously difficult.

One big flaw of the battle system is that only one full-screen attack can be used at a time, so if your opponent is using one of those attacks, if your digimon was going to do the same, he will do nothing until that attack is finished. In that case, you should either guard, or try a (strong) single-target attack to interrupt.

5. It's not like any of the stories of the other digimon games were anything special anyway.

^^A reply to above reply;
1. It is not good that if you guys just got same stat. Look in DW 1 player vs player, whether your digimon is strong or not only depend on how you build it. Re Digitize shows this disadvantages in Adhoc Battle. That mean you can only use Luck to win the battle.
2. Yes they do have random lifespan for Evolution time is different, and your time of building stat, or i mean training will also be different. Re Digitize is just only Train Train and Train spamming and when in certain age, they will evolves in same time.
3. I want Andromon Line~!!!!
4. A lot of people really say that Re Digitize battle system sucks. Look when they run to a bigger map, but some map must be smaller then it only will become more fun. Always battle in same size map. Your Digimon hardly avoid most attack as the map is sometime Really Small.
For the skill canceling, in DW 1, all the attack will stopped when got attacked by 1 hit, but in Digitize your digimon still able to casting the attack, and All the Final Skill other than Fighting Aura got same casting speed, which make it lesser fun. Most of my friend also say that able to kill teammate fun too.

C - Brief Review on Re:Digitize
Pros:
- Graphics are better this time around.
- New Digimon added is a bless.
- The training mini-games are actually fun in this one.

I think that's it with what I liked.

Cons:
- The raising system is easier now.
- The OST is absolutely horrible compared to the original.
- The in-game camera is horrible, especially the in-battle one. There's just no space for Digimon to move. The 3D in-game camera isn't as good as the old 2D *From Above* camera.
- Fishing is easier this time around, but not as fun.
- Game seems shorter than the old one.
- The removal of type-restricted areas: Grey Lord Mansion, Ice Sanctuary.
- The removal of medal-collecting.
- The removal of buying *CARDS* from a shop, it was much more fun that way.
- The removal of certain DVs that shouldn't have been removed.
- The removal of eating/pooping animations, the old one was obviously better with those animations, it shouldn't have been removed.
- Character design is weak.
- The addition of other tamers which made the world more lively, which isn't good. The world is supposed to be "dead" when you first arrive in File Island, and it's your job to revive it.
- Stronger techniques can only be learned later in the game.
- Techniques are based on ranks. Lower ranks equals weaker techniques. (That's not how it worked before.)
- Most recruited Digimon serve no purpose in File City, which isn't good.
- The item shop is available from the start, which is again, not good.

------------------  D - My personal Conclusion  ------------------
1. Retain the Game Mechanics.
2. Provide a random lifespan for certain Digimons (eg, a Monzaemon can live up to 23 days, a Mamemon only 19 days)
3. I don't think battle system in Re:Digitize is faster, there is no 'only Digimon battle screen after winning' on the original. Only stats increasing screen shows up, and you are good to go.
4. Enable Skill Cancelling, this would make the game a bit challeging.
5. Make 1vs2, 1vs3 and up possible.
6. Make enemy Digimon can kill its allies in battle of 1vs3 or 1vs4. It's fun to see retarded enemy. Laughing 
7. Enable type-restricted areas: Grey Lord Mansion, Ice Sanctuary. For me, this is the purpose of raising Digimons.
8. Make the techniques can be learned by all ranks of Digimon. Not limited to certain rank.
9. Is this going to be 'search and recruit Digimons'? If so, target Digimons must serve a purpose upon recruited. It is pretty sucks recruiting a Digimon that do nothing. Neutral

These what I meant with 'only Digimon battle screen after winning'.
Gameplay/Game System E4vht1evba5gldofg

If there's anything wrong with this post, please forgive me. I really want to see this project become a HUGE success, especially for us Digimons Lovers. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vrayx
Admin
Vrayx

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay/Game System   Gameplay/Game System EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:53 am

Ill be reviewing this when i have more time, THANKS FOR THE HELP!
Back to top Go down
http://dwprojectark.com
gempakstarz

gempakstarz

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay/Game System   Gameplay/Game System EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 7:19 am

Vrayx wrote:
Ill be reviewing this when i have more time, THANKS FOR THE HELP!
Thanks for the respond Vrayx! Smile 
I waited for so long to see responds from fellow members. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Vrayx
Admin
Vrayx

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay/Game System   Gameplay/Game System EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Wow there is some really good stuff that could really save our game in here, what you have is great, DAMMIT i have to add eating animations, but i think in the long shot it will work out. I would like to say that we have or can easly meet most of what you want in the game. I want to return to this in a week and give a super indepth anaylisi, You have a spot in the credits my friend.
Back to top Go down
http://dwprojectark.com
DGMM.

DGMM.

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay/Game System   Gameplay/Game System EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:10 am

I totally forgot I didn't reply to this after I read it the other week, haha.

I like many of the ideas. Type restrictions hadn't crossed my mind before, nor had the idea of friendly fire for the enemies.
Back to top Go down
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay/Game System   Gameplay/Game System EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:08 pm

Nice thread Smile gempakstarz do you have AIM or Skype? (preferably aim)

Would be useful to have another person with a lot of insight on the team Smile

As for your thoughts, as Vray said most of them have been implemented already, the only thing that had been over looked is the type restriction areas which im a big fan on Smile we are definitely going to have a few dungeons that are restricted but we could possibly even take this one step further and have zones that are only available to certain types or even yet certain subgroups of Digimon, like an angel area where only angel Digimon can enter

A lot of effort has gone into the digimon trees and im sure you'll be happy with them but for the most part until a version we are ready to release to the public, they'll be a surprise

Digimon life span will be similar to DW1 which means all digimon have a set life for example champions go to 13-14 days if raised well but for every care mistake its life is lowered but if it reaches an evolution it gains extra days to its life cycle repeating the process until It dies

All the technique trees will try and have a different feel to them so they are all different

As for the story a lot of work is gone into it and im very happy with it but there we're still working on some sections

Feel free to get our AIM details and join our group chat and meet the team and talk about some suggestions if you'd like Smile we love the feedback
Back to top Go down
gempakstarz

gempakstarz

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay/Game System   Gameplay/Game System EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:15 am

First of all, I'm sorry for this late reply. I'm currently further my studies at a local university and my residence there doesn't have internet service, yet. Sad
I have to go to the cybercafe for internet. Neutral
Anyway, I do keep on eye on this project and I appreciated all of the compliments on this thread. Thank you so much. :')

As for Vrayx and MrChronos, I knew, that you guys and the rest of the team, are very committed and professional in doing this, since I discovered the project. cheers
I see that a lot of things have been implemented and reviewed by you guys, making me very eager to get my hands on this when it is ready to be released. Tri-Crescendo (Developer of Digimon Re:Digitize) should have looked on the small things also, as for example the type restriction place, when they develop the game. Neutral
It's really an honor for me if you guys are putting me into the credits list, couldn't talk much about it, and I would like to join the group chat. Very Happy Unfortunately, I don't have AIM, I only have Skype. :/
Back to top Go down
No_One

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay/Game System   Gameplay/Game System EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:18 pm

I want to add few things.

I think that it would be easier and more comfortable to players to watch the branches of evolution, like in digimon DS-Dawn+Dusk, Story - lost evolution+Xros wars.

like in this pic -

http://lpix.org/235399/2-25.png

I think that the pixel digimon thing, while checking their branches, is very cute+it will make the game awesome-er.

on a different subject -

By what I saw so far, I think that the tamers animations are bit... effed up. You should invest in him a bit more time for now.

But thats by what I saw. Maybe I was looking at an old ver or something ?_?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay/Game System   Gameplay/Game System Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameplay/Game System
Page 1 of 1