Digimon World: Project Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LatchGameDev

LatchGameDev

HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks Empty
PostSubject: HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks   HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:23 am

Edit: Me and Katsu talked on AIM and I got the images I needed.

This post is mainly directed at katsu but feel free to read Smile

So I finally got enough time today to make some headway in learning how to use the gui editor. One the things i realized I had to do was make a custom button. For all buttons in project HoneyComb your going to have to do the following.

This is the default button (Pic. A)

HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks Menubu10

It has four different states. Starting from the top and going down

Default - When the mouse cursor is not over the button
Over - When the mouse cursor is hovering over the button
Push - When the user clicks the button
Active - When the button is set to an on state, think of tabs. For our purposes just make this graphic the same as the push state.

I'll also need a click mask, this is the one for the default button. (Pic. B)

HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks Menubu11

You can't see the black in the image on here so i turned it red to better show you

HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks Menubu12

Since the default button isn't a rectangle the black in this image tells the engine what's not a clickable area and the white shows the area that can be clicked.

I noticed "Menu Base.png" and "Menu Select Ring.png" are different sizes. When your making the image strip with the four different states (Pic. A) you need to make them all the same size otherwise it becomes a nightmare in the code. The orginal buttons height is 40 pixels and since it's repeated four times in Pic. A. The height of that image (Pic. A) is 160 (40 x 4).

Since we have 4 different icons for the buttons (digimon icon, item icon, etc) you'll have to make the four different states for each one. I put this together really quick to show you kinda what i wanted.

HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks Exampl10

So this is an example for the digimon button and then I would need another image with the item icon in the center instead of the digimon icon, etc. The mask (Pic. B) I only need one unless the button shape is different.

For the over state we could just move the icon in the center a few pixels up. I was also thinking it would be nice to have a general button for stuff so can you make a hexagon button and make the icon be a smaller solid colored hexagon.

List of stuff

Most Important:
-Digimon Icon State Strip
-Item Icon State Strip
-Player Icon State Strip
-Settings Icon State Strip
-General Hexagon State Strip
-Hexagon Button Mask

Future stuff:
-SubMenu Button State Strip
-SubMenu Button Mask

Let me know if you have any questions

Back to top Go down
Katsu
Admin
Katsu

PostSubject: Re: HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks   HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:08 pm

So this should be taken care of after i sent you those images right?Smile So we can class this as resolved;p
Back to top Go down
http://www.digimonworldprojectark.tk
LatchGameDev

LatchGameDev

PostSubject: Re: HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks   HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:11 pm

yea, that's why i put that edit in yellow text up at the top.
Back to top Go down
Katsu
Admin
Katsu

PostSubject: Re: HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks   HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:49 pm

Oooh didnt see that xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.digimonworldprojectark.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks   HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks Empty

Back to top Go down

HoneyComb - Need a few tweaks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon World: Project Ark :: Project Ark :: User Interface-
Jump to: