Digimon World: Project Ark
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Season

Go down 
+2
Vrayx
MrChronos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:13 am

Okay so the point of this thread is to brainstorm about the anime seasons Smile

Just put the seasons in the order you like best and give a little description about what was cool or you didn't like about each one.

also put a - before the # if you haven't finished or seen the series.

#1 Adventures: This was my favorite because its the original gangsta!! and it has normal digivolution in it witch is rare these days Razz

#3 Tamers: The concept of Digimon in the real world was great in this season. I didn't care too much for the card battling but it was kind of alright i guess. I loved how the team of computer engineers built the digital world with a program that grew (reminds me of PA).

#5 Savers: This season started slow for me but once it got about half way through it was almost on par with tamers. The whole idea behind the story was pretty good and I especially love MirageGaogamon :3

#6 Xros: I've haven't seen all of the last arc but plan to soon but the first arc started out really slow for me then it just got to a point where it got amazing. Xros had some pretty unique and interesting ideas and was very good in its own way.

#2 Adventures 2: The armor digivolution idea didn't appeal to me too much, I did still enjoy it and the season but it just wasn't the original.

-#4 Frontier: I'm watching this ATM (only a few eps in) but i watched bits and pieces when it first aired on TV. I remember Lucemon being pretty bad ass and it getting pretty good towards the end of the season but because they used humans as the Digimon it turned me away I guess.
Back to top Go down
Vrayx
Admin
Vrayx

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:56 pm

My favorite seasons in order

season 1 because of the hype waiting for it

season 2 because it was a continuation of season 1

Xros wars because it had some awesome plot twists that were sort of obvious

Season 3 because it was all around awesome

Digimon savers is down so low because i have not finished it, and the first costumes were lame

Frontier has to be last because i have seen only random episodes. Although it does emphasize the whole digidestened thing a lot which i really like.

That is only the anime my favorite digimon franchise has to be the V-tamer manga.
Back to top Go down
http://dwprojectark.com
MrChronos
Admin
MrChronos

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 pm

I haven't read the manga but I need to read v-tamer and next.

Watch the end of savers, the last chapter of it was pretty awesome with the royal knights and the megas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katsu
Admin
Katsu

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Heres my listcc;

#1 Digimon Next- I know its not a real series, its a manga, but honestly its my favourite digimon story. It's the main reason i joined the team as the idea of being inside a digital world in an arcade machine was just amazing. It made me want to make a digimon game similiar to it and that ended up leading me here:) Plus. VictoryGreymon is badass!

#2 Savers- I loved the whole Data Scan thing, and how Masaru didnt sit back and make his digimon fight for him. I liked how Masaru literally had balls and even fought digimon himself like when he stopped Craniumon's spear and when he broke Saberleomon's fang. Masaru was badass.

#3 Tamers- Tamers was awesome with the whole card scanning. Being able to modify your digimon brough a lot more strategy to the game. The human-digimon evolution was good since the humans were fighting too, but a bit bland since they couldnt use cards when in that state.

#4 Xross Wars- Is there much to say? Fusing any digimon you want together? Its like DNA digivolving but much easier. Plus the second arc was a really good followup as you actually saw what had happened in the digital world after Taiki sorted things out. Tagiru was pretty cool too.

-#5 Adventure 01- It was where (in terms of the anime) it all began. I think every digimon fan holds the first season close. While it wasnt too fancy, it inspired us all to keep watching:)
Back to top Go down
http://www.digimonworldprojectark.tk
DGMM.

DGMM.

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:47 pm

#1: Season 1- Established the world and the digimon that inhabited it, setting up many of the governing factors and mechanics that made the franchise what it was. While it didn't have a tremendously deep plot or a plethora of flashy types of digivolution, its simplicity is what made it.

#2: Tamers- Though I'm not a tremendous fan of biomerge, this season showed a lot of the same character drivers as the original and threw in far more character and story development into the mix. On story/character development grounds alone, this season was great.To this day, I'm still not sure which side of the fence I fall on regarding the cards, but it is what it is.

#3: Season 2- Continued many of the same themes, mechanics, and governing factors as the original as well as the reappearing cast. While some of the digivolution choices in the season, ie. armor and DNA were very overused and there wasn't a tremendous amount of plot or character development, it still held true to many of the things that were good about season 1.

#4: Savers- re-established many of the mechanics and world functions that were originally put forth in season 1. There was at least a fair amount of story and character depth to the season. The superpower factor, in which the power of some digimon and humans started to escalate to ridiculous proportions was what really hurt this season for me.

-#5: Xross - I haven't really had interest in this since the start. It took the DNA digivolution that I felt was over-used in season 2 and blew it out of the water. This removes individual character and strength development in the digimon for me (not strong enough. eh, lets just get another digimon and it will all work out). The superpower factor I mentioned before also seemed to be blown way out of the water here, to an even more ridiculous level.

#6: Frontier- Like Latch said in the other thread, it basically turned into power rangers. The removal of partners is basically killing everything the original series established. The same goes for the rewriting of the digital worlds mechanics and feeling that occured in this season. On top of that, the plot was not very deep at all and the characters (especially their development, or lack there of) were really not all that appealing to me.
Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 11:17 am

Cool thread.

I don't really have a favourite as such. I'm a big fan of all of them(Haven't seen Frontier though) but I've never had a favourite. If pushed, I might narrow it down to Adventure/Tamers/Savers and then further narrow it down to Tamers/Savers. That doesn't mean they're my favourites though, that's what I might say if I had a gun to my head. It's not how I actually feel. I just can't honestly say, I like one series more than the others.
Back to top Go down
http://zeromarusaur.deviantart.com/
No_One

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:29 pm

I actually didn't like season 2 because of its "un-ended stories", with the dark master of the seas and ken's Flash-back friend [which people are positive it is Ryo from season 3, remember, all seasons are linked [Xros wars]]

But, here is my list -

1# Digimon Tamers/Digimon Xros wars [not including "The hunter who leaped through time]
2# Digimon Advanture [both seasons]
3# Digimon Frontier [It was actually pretty good, after I got used to its concept]
4# Digimon Data Squad
Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:49 am

There's a reason 02 is usually considered the worst season. It was full of plot-holes and abandoned threads apparently because of the writers not agreeing on which way the story should go. The Dark Ocean subplot was written by Chiaki J. Konaka, the head-writer of Tamers. He's loves H.P Lovecraft ans Cthulu stories so evidently he was trying to introduce elements from those into the series.

That is Ryo, by the way. Before appearing in Tamers he had a line of games on the Wonderswan(A failed japanese portable console) involving Zeedmillenniummon(The strongest Digimon) and lots of time and space travel. Originally Ryo was from the Adventure/02 universe but at the end of the games he decides to stay in the Tamers universe. The 02 flash-back with him and Ken happened in the second game, Tag Tamers.

I'm sorry if this sounds rushed or rambling, I'm pretty tired at the moment.
Back to top Go down
No_One

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 11:54 am

zeromaru wrote:
There's a reason 02 is usually considered the worst season. It was full of plot-holes and abandoned threads apparently because of the writers not agreeing on which way the story should go. The Dark Ocean subplot was written by Chiaki J. Konaka, the head-writer of Tamers. He's loves H.P Lovecraft ans Cthulu stories so evidently he was trying to introduce elements from those into the series.

That is Ryo, by the way. Before appearing in Tamers he had a line of games on the Wonderswan(A failed japanese portable console) involving Zeedmillenniummon(The strongest Digimon) and lots of time and space travel. Originally Ryo was from the Adventure/02 universe but at the end of the games he decides to stay in the Tamers universe. The 02 flash-back with him and Ken happened in the second game, Tag Tamers.

I'm sorry if this sounds rushed or rambling, I'm pretty tired at the moment.

I think they should have gone with Ryo+Dark ocean masters rather then myotismon [or adding them]
Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Yeah it's pretty sad. There were a lot of ways 02 probably could have been great.
Back to top Go down
No_One

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:00 pm

zeromaru wrote:
Yeah it's pretty sad. There were a lot of ways 02 probably could have been great.

I wish they would Re-do both seasones >_> [like dbzkai] but also change season 2.

AND STOP THE EFFING WHOLE PART OF "Agumon digivolvesss tooooooooooo -> GRREEEYYYMMMOOONNN" I feel like its taking the whole ep >_>
Back to top Go down
zeromaru

zeromaru

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:37 am

"Agumon digivolvesss tooooooooooo -> GRREEEYYYMMMOOONNN"
Lol, pretty true.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Season   Favorite Season Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Season
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon World: Project Ark :: Digimon :: Anime-